Skip to main content

Entry #7: Fresh the Movie

     Fresh, is an documentary film show casing the agricultural world here in America. It showed the point of views of farmers and how the agricultural market has become a competition against the big industrial companies. They all talk about how much agriculture has changed drastically throughout the years and how it has affected our foods. They try showing this towards anybody who eats and how it can affect us at home that watch this film. 



    It really caught my attention in how our agricultural really can affect us. I always knew there was problems but never really understood the depth of them. With the use of pesticides on crops, antibiotics being used in livestock, overfilled livestock factories, and many more. What really stuck out to me was one of the farmers talking about how cows are fed dead cows. He mentions several times how one shouldn't mess with mother nature, he gives the example of how herbivores shouldn't eat meat. They should only eat what mother nature intends for them to eat. It blew my mind how some livestock are fed meat and how this could be the cause for many diseases. These diseases also causing the use of antibiotics. It seems like one decision affects everything, causing a mandala affect towards more problems. 

    I believe everyone can benefit from watching this film as it can open everyone's eyes on the problem the agricultural industries have and how it affects us as consumers of food. I feel as though this is an important topic that everyone should care about. It literally affects what we EAT. We should care what we are putting into our bodies. All of these have to have some affect on our health. 

Comments

  1. I agree with you that everyone would benefit from watching the film. I learned a lot of information that I never knew about. I am totally considering to go with organic food just from watching the film.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment